Friday, February 25, 2011
Posted by Shea at 8:39 AM
Today's outfit is super casual...I was gonna throw on some heels but I'm feeling lazy today. My outfit was styled around my new striped bag I got from H&M...the obsession with strips continues...
So I was thinking that I would do something different today. I am going to provide you guys with some information about my personal style. I read tons of blogs and sometimes I feel like I am left wanting to know more about the person in the picture as it relates to their style. So I am going to lay it all out...well not all of it, lol. Consider this a self interview.
How tall are you: 5'5"
What size do you wear: 10/12 depending on the store or the cut of the clothing
What size shoe do you wear: 8 1/2 or 9 depending on the style
Favorite style of shoe: Peep toe platform...I repeatedly purchase this shoe regardless of how many I already own.
Favorite color: Blue
Pants or skirt: Skirt
Trendy or Classic: Classic
Bootcut or Skinny: Skinny
Favorite accessory: Any kind of big gaudy cocktail ring and big earrings
Current obsession: Cardigans and strips
How often do you go shopping: I shop at least once a week
Any new trends you won't try: 6" inch heels my ankles would never forgive me
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Short week! It sucks coming back to work after being off for 3-days. However, today is Wednesday but it feels like Tuesday.
If you read my last post you know I went to D.C. over the weekend and did some shopping while I was there. No matter what city I travel to I always find the local H&M since we are deprived in South Florida. They need to expedite there online shopping! I wish you guys could have seen my neighbors face when I got on the elevator with my H&M bag...his eyes light up as he asked me "H&M is down here now?" I hated bursting his bubble, lol.
Blazer - H&M
Tank - Oldnavy
Knit pants - Newyork & Co.
Belt - H&M
Shoes - Barefeet
Ring - Forever 21
Necklace - Wetseal
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Posted by Shea at 9:35 AM
Statue of Frederick Douglas
We also went to the National Geographic Museum to see the America I Am: The African American Imprint Exhibit, it was beautiful. No photography allowed =(. I also had the opportunity to visit Georgetown Cupcakes of the TLC television show DC cupcakes. We had to wait 25 minutes just to get inside, was it worth the wait? They were okay...but the show has definitely been great for their business!
Friday, February 18, 2011
Cardigan - TJ Maxx
Tank - Target
Jeans - Express
Shoes - Dolce Vita via Ross
Bracelet - Forever 21
Ring - won via Infashion Rehab
1. Since you started blogging has your image of yourself changed? I will admit that in the beginning I struggled. I was worried about just putting myself out there and how I would be perceived. I had already started making changes to be a better me before I started blogging...mentally and physically. I was going through a major change in my life. I think by starting my blog it was me completely accepting myself and I was finally becoming the fantastic person I always knew I was but never had the confidence to be.
2. Are you self-conscious about any aspect of yourself? If so, do you go out of your way to avoid it or do you post it/talk about it anyway? Of course I am, who isn't. Everyone has there own issues with their body, sometimes I get tired of the curvy-ness (I just made that word up). That usual comes with frustration from clothes not fitting like I want them to. However, I don't pick myself apart...so no I don't go out of my way to bring up what I find wrong with myself.
3. Based on how you are feeling now, what do you think the future holds in the evolution of your body image? It can only get better! I love that there are soooooo many regular people like me...the mom/wife, the teacher, the business professional, and the student that take the time to share a little bit of themselves with everyone. These individuals are just as beautiful and stylish as any fashion model or celebrity. For me body image is moving in a positive direction, it may seem slow at times but we are getting there.
4. Do you photograph yourself for your blog? If so, how do you feel about the experience when you're having your picture taken? If you choose not to post pictures of yourself, what prompted that decision? I sure do! At first I didn't like taking my own photos but I grew into it. When I do have someone take a pic for my blog, I feel like I over direct the situation, lol. I usually don't like the pics because the angle is wrong, I wasn't standing in the right spot, or I get shy because I am use to doing it myself....it's too much. Most times if I don't post a pic it's because I made some type of crazy face or the outfit just didn't photograph well. The image I am seeing is not being translated they way I want my readers to see it.
5. What would you want every person who struggles with body image to take to heart?
Remember you are uniquely you and that within its self is special!
Friend Friday was started by Katy of Modly Chic. Wanna join the fun? Check out Modly Chic for more details. Hope to see you join the discussion, membership is open to all beauty and fashion blogger's!
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Posted by Shea at 8:32 AM
Today's outfit is pretty simple, it was actually a last minute pull together. I should have added a belt, I'm always trying to add a belt to everything.
However, I love my shoes! I got these babies from Marshalls this past weekend, they can be seen here. These are my second pair of 5" heels, I am taking baby steps and they were clearance =). I use to make my rounds quite often to Marshalls and Ross looking for deals.
I prefer Marshalls, there stores are always more put together. Looking for shoes at Ross can turn into a fishing expedition but you always find some good deals if you have the patience.
V neck sweater - Forever21
Skirt - Thrifted via Goodwill
Shoes - Chinese Laundry via Marshalls
Ring - Fabco.
Necklace - Dots
Earrings - Dots
Monday, February 14, 2011
I got a little happy with the pictures today. I think its because I rarely wear anything red and I am loving this dress. Once again my dress is a smidge too short for the office, but as Gorgeous Puddin suggested I decided to wear stockings this time. I think they actually complete the overall look I was going for as well.
I have no Valentines Day plans besides a date with my Organizational Management professor. He advised my entire class to let our sweethearts know that we belong to him tonight. He was even so sweet as to gift us with a quiz, lol. I guess I will have to live vicariously through all of you. Does anyone have anything special planned for tonight? or did you celebrate over the weekend?
Jacket - Forever21
Dress - Forever21
Stockings - Target
Ankle Boots - Nine West
Bracelets - Gifted
Ring - Forever 21
Necklace - JcPenney
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Posted by Shea at 8:21 AM
I feel like my dress is too short and my heels are too high today. I am always fighting with myself about what is work appropriate and what isn't. I think I do a great job of looking fierce and being professional at the same time. I will admit I do push the threshold sometimes but not too much.
Have you guys ever watched Lipstick Jungle, I loved this show but it got canceled. Any who, the character Nico Riley was a fierce business women and her style on the show was incredible! All the ladies were fabulous but Nico was my favorite. I miss all the gal pal tv shows...Sex in the City, Girlfriends, Cashmere Mafia...all we have now is Real Housewives of such and such.
Dress - Ross
Shoes - Forever 21
Ring - Forever 21
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Posted by Shea at 8:11 AM
Today is my day on Kim's Inspiration Calender over a Fab Finds Under 50. She selected my Ruffles post as today's Perfect in a Pencil Skirt inspiration. Hopefully everyone threw on there pencil skirts today!
I am also rocking my blazer for Everybody Everywear blazer day. I love white blazers, I particularly love this one because of the strong shoulders. It's just enough to make it standout without being too much. Now that I have on my go get'em outfit I feel like I am ready to concur the world... or at least the next 9 hours. I hope everyone has a fantastic day!
Blazer - Macy's
Tank - Target
High waisted pencil skirt - JcPenney
Pumps - Guess via DSW
Necklace - Forever21
Ring - ?